I’m Just Gonna Say Something.

I could only find this picture, but if you want to look it up, then you can.

Hey guys, so before we start this, let me just say one thing: LEAVE CHAN ALONE HE DOESN’T DESERVE THIS AND HE PROBABLY DIDN’T EVEN HAVE A CHOICE!

Okay… So, you’re probably wondering what the heck that was about.  This happened a while ago, and I feel really bad for what happened and I just want to address it.  Anyway, this all happened at a Stray Kids fansign.  Everything was going well, until people saw Chan’s hair.  That day, Chan was wearing cornrows and many people, including fans, saw this as racist and culturally insensitive.  They then started to chant stuff like “ot8” and “2racha”, calling him racist and culturally insensitive, and eventually made him cry.

So, why am I bringing this up?  Well, I find it unfair that all this is happening to him.  He’s a kpop idol and he probably didn’t get to choose his hairstyle, since he has stylists that do his hair for him.  Also, all Stays should know that Chan is anything but racist or culturally insensitive.  In a 3racha song, Chan said “ninjas” and people thought he was saying a bad word.  Then, in another 3racha song called PACE he implied that it was just a misunderstanding in a verse that he rapped, which was: “Listen up, I’m pretty sure you heard wrong.  I said ninjas, fam I think you misheard. Cuz I represent and show respect to all people around the whole world.”  In one of their songs in their recent album called Miroh, Chan incorporated the Haka dance, which is an ancient Maori ceremonial dance, into their choreography. He took the time to learn and understand the dance before using it.

I also think it’s unfair that in Exo’s Kokobop, one of the members, Kai, also wore cornrows, but no one called him racist.  Chan cares for Stays so much, and this is how they treat him.  It’s just a hairstyle and he deserves much more than this.  I’m honestly very disappointed in all the Stays that called him racist and culturally insensitive or chanted ot8 and 2racha.  Do you think this is fair?

Well, that’s all for now! Bye!

~Jenn

Also, here’s an article addressing what I was talking about.