My Message: Supporting Idols

E’Dawn and Hyuna:

Okay. Before we start this post, first, let me just say… Half of this is directed at you, Cube.

Now what is this post about? I’ll explain, but first here’s a bit of information:

As you know, I love Kpop and I notice this issue a lot.  Now, as you know, kpop is very popular now, especially BTS, and the kpop groups have a lot of fans.  Many of them are more… passionate… about their bias or the group.  Some fans actually want to marry their bias and then… there are sasaengs.  Sasaengs are a small (hopefully) group of people that stalk their favorite groups of idols.  Well, now that this is covered, let’s move on.

So, what issue am I talking about? Well, it’s about kpop idols dating. (even though it’s banned)

How is this an issue? Well, you know how I said there are sasaengs and people that want to marry their bias? That comes in here.  So both of these groups can get VERY protective over their bias.  Sometimes so protective that if their bias gets even involved in a dating rumor, they go nuts and start hating the other person they’re supposedly dating and talking bad about them like, “he/she doesn’t deserve him/her” or “Why is he/she dating HIM/HER”.  Although, there will be fans that support both the person they’re dating and their relationship, so that’s good.

Also, you know how I mentioned Cube?  Well, that’s another thing that can happen if idols admit they’re dating.  Well, their company can kick them out.  That’s what Cube Entertainment did.  I think a few months ago, Pentagon’s E’Dawn and the soloist HyunA came out and admitted they were dating for two years, so what did Cube do? That’s right! THEY KICKED THEM OUT! Why? Because according to Cube, they found it difficult to “rebuild the broken loyalty and trust” between the two artists, and as a result, they decided to kick them out.

So what am I trying to say here? Well, idols are people too.  They aren’t tools or things you can just claim.  They also have their own personal life and they should have the freedom to date who they want to date.  Sure, people will get jealous, but isn’t their happiness important?  Although, there are some idols that are dating or married.  Like FTIsland’s maknae, Minhwan.  He and Laboum’s Yulhee are legally married and had their first child last May.

Well that’s it for now, but I have one question for you:  Do you think idols should be able to date freely? Answer in the comments…  Or not.

Other links, phrases used, and information:

Well, that’s all for now guys! Anneyong!

~Jin (Not the Kpop idol, but… My friends will know this)

2 Comments on My Message: Supporting Idols

1. hmssarah
    October 2, 2018 at 4:28 pm (6 years ago)

Hi Jennifer,

I agree that idols are people and Cube made a big mistake kicking out E’Dawn and Hyuna. Love your post! <3 pugs

~Sarah

Reply
  2. xxmiyeon
    October 17, 2018 at 5:25 am (6 years ago)

Hello~!
    Thank you for the comment on my blog! I really like your post <3 I like most of the groups you asked me I just haven't learned there names yet i'm trying to remember all of NCT's names. Do you like any girlgroups or nct?

Reply